Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Summer cake!

Long time no blog.....I have been busy making gum paste orchids and other flowers that I like to keep on hand. This week I was inspired by a friend who had a request for a flip flop cake. I thought what a great idea for summer time! The possibilities are endless with this cake....it can be customized by the choice of colors and changing the print on the flip flop. She loves zebra print and it is so popular right now I thought what a great idea to incorporate it in the cake! I chose bright summer colors and made a pair of gum paste sunglasses that was super fun to make! I wanted to add a tropical flair so I added a gum paste orchid in a yellow and pink color that I think added that special touch. I'm Looking forward to more cake creations!

Gumpaste sun glasses

Vanilla cake with buttercre and MMfondant.



Hand paintes gumpaste orchid.

Flip flop cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment


About Me

I am a mom with three boys (that includes my husband) that keeps me on my toes. I love anything artistic. Back in the day, what I call B.C. "Before children" I was very active in the art community and I had all the time in the world to paint my heart away. Now I have changed my focus on family and express my creativity in small projects. In this blog I will be sharing my love for Art, Painting, Design, DIY's, Photography and just being Crafty.