Monday, January 31, 2011

My Quick re-do!

I've been trying to change a couple of things around my house, I guess you could say freshening up the place for up coming spring! Right now I am in love with the color combo black, white and green for some reason. I'm even thinking about having the theme in my dining area.  I always feel that it is important to make rooms feel cohesive to have a good flow from one room to another. I am tying mine together with black. I know what you're thinking, so dark! I'm also balancing it out with whites, creams, etc. In my decorating you will also see designs repeated like my love for nature, twigs, organic forms and birds.  Well, this past week I decided to update the table I had in my entry way. I had these candle stick holders that were in gold and bronze and just felt too traditional. So I decided to paint them black. I used just a simple black acrylic paint then sealed it with a clear acrylic spray and voila! Easy cheap quick fix!

I felt like the gold color just didn't make enough of an impact for me so I painted them black!
Here is a picture of the whole vingette!

Ahhh....so much better! I love this cute wood cutout FAMILY sign I found this weekend! Yes, I have simple pleasures.lol

No comments:

Post a Comment


About Me

I am a mom with three boys (that includes my husband) that keeps me on my toes. I love anything artistic. Back in the day, what I call B.C. "Before children" I was very active in the art community and I had all the time in the world to paint my heart away. Now I have changed my focus on family and express my creativity in small projects. In this blog I will be sharing my love for Art, Painting, Design, DIY's, Photography and just being Crafty.