Friday, February 4, 2011

My Dream Dining room!

In a perfect world of unopinionated husbands and never ending funds this is my dream dining room....Idea.lol Sometimes I just love going through the Internet and browsing and saving photos of things I would love to use in future projects. I've had this idea of giving my dining area a fun, funky retro feel. I think retro fabrics have so much character. I also want my dining area to still tie in to the rest of the house but in the same time having it's own space. Because the dining room is the space used for entertaining, I want it to feel lively and fun! I treat decorating the same way as I would getting dressed for a special occasion. You have the base which is your outfit which either has pattern or a plain color, then the accessories that accentuate the outfit like shoes, handbag and jewelry (which is the bling in the room).  Well here it is...my Idea...it all started from this fabric that I found on Fabric.com.

This fabric just makes me smile :o) There is just something about it I love! maybe it's the quirkiness about it?
Well here is my palette Idea for the whole room......

I can't decide on the paint color.....but I'm thinking the one in the middle....what do you think?
 I want to anchor the windows with velvet black drapes to give it a rich luxurious feel and layer it with the two fabrics to soften it up.

I love these accessories I found in zgallerie......

So pretty! I just love how the black would compliment the drapes.


I have always been fascinated with the art deco period and love old glam movies....I love how this beveled mirror buffet server has that feel. Martinis anyone?!lol

Love the deer head....and how cute are those birds!

Add caption
Well that's it! This will be my ultimate project so I'm gonna enjoy it and take my time.....maybe.lol


No comments:

Post a Comment


About Me

I am a mom with three boys (that includes my husband) that keeps me on my toes. I love anything artistic. Back in the day, what I call B.C. "Before children" I was very active in the art community and I had all the time in the world to paint my heart away. Now I have changed my focus on family and express my creativity in small projects. In this blog I will be sharing my love for Art, Painting, Design, DIY's, Photography and just being Crafty.